Pages

The Baby Gear You Need

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Comfy Front Pack for Hot Days

It's June and it's HOT!  So how do you carry your baby in his front pack, so you're both comfortable?  First, you have to start with the right front pack. 

My top pick for these hot summer days is the Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier Air.  This baby carrier is light enough so the two of you don't burn up in each other's body heat thanks to the soft and breathable mesh material of which it's made up.  The Bjorn Air has the same features you've grown to know and love with the traditional Baby Bjorn, such as the ability to completely open the front, allowing you to easily remove your sleeping baby.  This one also folds up into a pouch for easy storage -- it'll easily fit in your diaper bag! 

And how about sun coverage?  Although I haven't come across a product that is designed to go along with front carriers to block your little one from the sun, I always uses a light towel or burp cloth and draped it over my baby's head.  Of course a hat serves the same purpose and looks a lot cuter, but being sun-paranoid as I am, I tried to cover little arms and legs too.  Do any of you have sun coverage ideas?  I've always found I get the best ideas from other parents! 

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment